Improve UX To Gain More Traffic
Today, websites have become an identity for businesses.
Especially pandemic and the post-pandemic period have created enormous opportunities for businesses to gain more customers through improved online presence.
This has made more businesses focus on content creation and user satisfaction to increase traffic and conversion. UX Design is no exception.
7 Tips to Increase Your Traffic by Improving UX
1. Define Your Target Audience And Solve Their Needs Through Your Website
Your audience visits your website because they have a problem and looking for a solution.
How To Make A Solution-Based Website?
- Know the problem of your target audience. For that, Research
- After you know their problem, find the solution and address it through your website content.
- Keep your website, menu, links, and content solution-focused.
- Once you know how to address your visitor’s problem, follow the same process to address another problem in your niche. This way, your visitors will keep revisiting your website.
A solution-based website gives you a remarkable reach and relevance to your target audience. It will be searched, used, and shared more, increasing your brand presence and visibility in the online market.
- It will increase the usability of your website
- Increased visits and revisits will enhance your SERP positions
- Visitor-to-lead conversion rate is higher for re-visitors than first-time visitors.
You can find out the pain points of your website’s visitors by sharing feedback forms:
2. Enhance Website Navigation By Making Relevant Pages More Accessible
For Example, if you post a reader’s book review on your website, follow it with a link to purchase or other supporting blogs/topics. This way, your website itself becomes your marketing tool.
How To Enhance Your Website Navigation?
- Have a well-structured website. Categorize your web pages into sections and sub-sections according to your menu, services, or blog topic.
- Make a list of links with accurate titles and categorize them according to their relevance/ relations. Make sure all your links are working, including the drop-down menu.
- Provide important navigational links (e.g., Home, Contact, Menu) on all your pages. Keep its visibility and manner of appearance consistent.
- Your blogs must also have links in them to navigate to related topics.
- Enhanced SERP ranking – the webpage with no interconnected links ranks low in search engines.
- Easy navigation increases website engagement with your visitors.
- Higher re-visits.
Here’s an example of a well-structured website:
3. Make Your Website Visually Appealing
This is important to keep your visitors interested and curious to explore your website.
How To Make Your Website Visually Appealing?
- Designs and Images are the cruces of web design. Your theme, images, and font style must be simple, easy to understand, and relevant to your business. The message you want to deliver through your site is 60% achieved with the right choices of visual elements.
- Use whitespace and be discreet. Your design must have breathing space for the visitor and must not tense their eye muscles.
- Design your visual elements and layout so your website can be distinct from your competitors. Same elements often get your visitors confusing.
- Your website’s vibe must be friendly, pleasing, and inviting.
- Make it consistent in all your digital marketing collaterals and merchandise.
- Good brand positioning. Your website will be distinct from its competitors.
- Higher brand recall. Visitors will remember your website for a long.
Here’s an example of a visually appealing website:
4. Aim For Higher Website Engagement
Optimize SEO because SEO and UX go hand-in-hand. Your design must be prioritized initially with regular SEO-based content updates.
How To Have Higher Website Engagement?
- Post your blogs regularly with comment section and mail for queries section. Keep it interesting but not lengthy.
- Invite your loyal readers for guest posts.
- Post testimonials of your users. Video testimonials will gain more attention and loyal users.
- Conduct small contests, topic suggestions, share tips and tricks, and open discussion forum.
- Update announcements, news, and gallery columns regularly.
- Add a chatbox.
- If your users love to spend time on your website, you will have higher re-visits, higher engagement with your site, higher conversion rate.
- You will gain more loyal users. Loyal users inspire more people through their experience, recommend your website, and will, in turn, convert others into your new loyal user.
Here’s a screenshot of video testimonials on a website:
5. Reduce Page Loading Time
Your visitors will be left dissatisfied and frustrated or leave your website never to return.
How To Reduce Page Loading Time?
- Use a high-performing hosting service for your website.
- Compress and optimize your website elements. Remove unnecessary ones.
- Have a few redirects. Too many redirects hurt its loading time. Categorize and keep high-priority ones while discarding irrelevant ones.
- Cache your webpages. Also, use browser cache. It will store your webpage and hence reload faster.
- Use asynchronous loading as it will load multiple files and elements simultaneously.
- Edit your website code by removing unnecessary characters, spaces, commands, or comments. Keep your coding clean, crisp, and organized.
- Higher SERP Ranking, higher visitors, greater chances of exploring your websites, higher re-visits, and higher conversion rate.
- Combining quick page load with impressive web design and useful content gives a high-quality user experience.
You can use this tool to reduce the file size of images for faster page loading speeds:
Read: Tips to Increase Page Loading Speed
6. Make Your Website Responsive On All Devices And Mobile-Friendly
Businesses don’t advance in the office alone anymore.
We connect, communicate, Google, and surf all using our palms and fingers, and it is where our needs are met. You are missing a big-time if your website is not mobile-friendly and responsive.
In addition to it, it affects your brand image in the market. Plus, competitors are always present to grab your opportunity.
How To Make Your Website Responsive And Mobile-Friendly?
- Use responsive layouts, focus on responsive themes, and have a responsive menu, images, and other elements.
- Keep your text short and crisp. Avoid lengthy texts. It won’t help website engagement but will backfire on user interaction with your site.
- Keep your website simple, smart, and easy to find information with light images and CSS. Avoid Flash.
- Regularly perform website testing.
You can check the mobile-friendliness of your website using this tool:
7. Keep Only Highly Significant Ads
- What is the purpose of your website?
- To establish your brand?
- To showcase your work?
- A simple blogging hobby?
- To reach and network with like-minded people?
Depending on your answer, you need to choose what kind of ads you will allow on your website.
With more ads, the less serious you will appear to your users. A business website, at its best, must avoid online ads as they might chase away your high-value clients and attract bad clients.
Don’t fall into the traps of earning through web ads. Rather have a blog segment for affiliate marketing related to your business. This way, you will be uploading more SEO-based content regularly and earning through affiliate marketing.
- Your business will appear more focused, serious, and of high value.
- It will keep your visitors focused and less confused.
- It will maintain a good eye flow and will give user satisfaction.
Notice how this tech website displays ads relevant to its niche:
Traffic Through UX - FAQ
1. How Does UX Design Help In SERP?
Google gives weightage to user experience in its search engine algorithms to filter, rank, and display the most relevant content to its users. If Google has set algorithms based on UX, we must leverage the opportunity to grow our business.
2. How Does My Offline Business Benefit From Improved UX?
While traditional referrals and word-of-mouth techniques might work, they are time-consuming and random.
Your potential customers need to know you exist – faster and quicker. So improved UXD helps you get noticed in the market and positions your brand successfully.
3. How Do SEO And UX Work Together?
Google is user-centric and considers all the factors that make a high-quality website. Displeasing your visitors will cause your website to have a low ranking.
SEO ranks your website through content, while UX ranks your experience through your visitors’ experience, engagement, revisits, and shares.
4. Why Invest In UX When I Can Gain Traffic Through Social Media?
Your website is your business identity, whereas your social media accounts are your brand presence. Both are different. You promote your identity through your presence.
- Improve your search engine rankings through improved User Experience (UX) of your website.
- Focus on a high-quality website that is user-centric takes a shorter time to load, and is easy to navigate. Keep your website simple and smart.
- Make your website responsive and user–friendly; your designs must be distinct yet neat and focused.
- Maximize user engagement by making your website informative and interactive.
- Be discreet with Google ads.