Local SEO Tips for Yoga Studios
You have decided to help people lead a healthy and happy life through yoga training. But your efforts will be a waste if you fail to reach the right audience.
That's where you should start playing smart with local SEO.
Because 46% of the total Google search is based on "local." So, if you have poor local SEO, you are missing out on massive customers.
Put your mind at ease as we have piled up the best local SEO strategies to boost visitors count at your yoga studio.
10 Local SEO Tips for Yoga Studios
Before we start the countdown, you must know about the Local-3 Pack.
Google's Local-3 Pack (also known as Map Pack) is the top 3 results based on local search with a map of their location. These results rank on top of other regular searches and receive significant traffic. Here’s how it appears when searched for “Yoga studios” from Los Angeles.
Pinpoint that the local pack has a different ranking mechanism, but traditional factors like backlinks still play a vital role.
We will discuss all the practical points further in the guide. But, for now, you should focus on holding a rank in the Map Pack.
Let's jump to the tips.
1. Prioritize Google My Business
A study conducted by Moz on local SEO showed that GMB (Google My Business) Profile is the primary ranking factor for local search.
Although, your yoga website is crucial as the content and links promote your site on Local Pack. But don't let this fool you.
Tips And Tools For Optimizing Your My Business Profile:
- Create and verify - Visit the official site of Google My Business and fill out the form with all necessary information. Afterward, you will receive a code to your business mail for verification. A typical Yoga studio GMB looks as shown below:
- NAP is essential - NAP stands for Name, Address, and Phone number that you provide. Be consistent and accurate with your NAP.
- Connect with your customers - Use the message feature on GMB to establish a direct connection with your customers. Solve their queries.
- Upload images and posts - Give the viewers a look inside your yoga studio by uploading pictures and posts.
- Get reviews - Reviews are one of the influential ranking elements, so make sure you add detailed and positive reviews.
Read: Step-by-step Setup Guide for Google My Business Set up
2. Find Keywords For Local SEO
If you did it correctly, keywords could be the joker of your local SEO because ranking with content is less-competitive in local optimization.
Tips And Tools For Keyword Research:
- Keyword research formula - Specify your target locations when you perform local SEO. You can use a simple formula to find relevant blogs serving better in the search engine and then analyze it to find keywords — target location + industry (yoga studio) + blog.
- Google Keyword Planner - While we have tons of tools available in the market, Google Keyword Planner is free and effective. Add your target location and search for relevant target keywords like yoga, power yoga, meditation, etc. You will find sufficient information.
Here’s the screenshot of how it represents all local keywords, search volume, and competition.
- Yelp Suggest - Yelp works similar to Google search but exclusively for finding local places. Select location and industry name to find suggested results. In addition, you can analyze what your competitors are doing.
3. Create Your Audience Avatar
Probably the first step before creating content is to know your customers. Unfortunately, none of the SEO tactics is helpful if you fail to understand your audience.
Tips And Tools To Create Your Audience Avatar:
- Demographics - You should have at least four essential pieces of information regarding your visitors --- age, gender, income, and location. Start by analyzing your website or your competitors' website using Alexa or SEMrush, Market Explorer, which provides a clear picture of the target audience.
- Psychographics - What's their goal for yoga classes? How much are they willing to spend? What may be their pain points? Answer these questions. You can use Reddit, Quora, and Online Forums to hear directly from the viewers.
- Create the base - Once you are done with the answers, start experimenting without your content to see what works best for you.
4. Write Contents For Local
You can't avoid content as a business owner. Even if you run a yoga studio, you still need to educate your consumers by providing relevant content on specific keywords.
Tips And Types Of Local Content:
- Location-oriented - Create a dedicated page for each target location, especially if you run a yoga studio in multiple places.
- FAQ Page - SEO has changed with time, and now more searches are voice-based. Therefore, having a FAQ page can increase your ranking chance. For example, when there is a question-type search, the FAQs appear right after the local 3-pack. It increases CTR and potential leads.
- Event and collaboration - Organize events in specific locations or start collaborating with other yoga studios and promote.
- Long blog content - Simple tip from traditional SEO tactics — provide value by providing information.
5. Get More Reviews
We have already mentioned in point #1 that you should connect with the visitors and ask for their review because reviews are crucial for both the rankings and trust-building.
More positive reviews will give the signal to Google that the customers refer to this yoga studio, and others can benefit. It’s because the higher the positive rating of your business, the higher it will appear on search results. Here’s an example:
Tips And Tools To Get More Reviews:
- Ask the visitors to leave feedback. Simple psychology here says that happy customers will require a bit of prodding.
- Make the system of review easy for them.
- Use the GMB tool "Get more reviews" to generate a short review link, or visit the Place Id finder.
Read: 10 Tips to Get Local Reviews for Your Business
6. Focus on Local On-Site Optimization
Even targeting the local visitors, there is no escape from on-page SEO. You still need content, tags, and other traditional stuff. But we do have something new here.
Tips And Tools For On-Site Optimization:
- Create authentic content for targeted locations, and you might be aware that duplicate content is forbidden. For example, if your yoga studio is located in New York, you can target Greenport, Hudson, etc.
- Apply the "Local Business" schema markup for additional optimization. You can use free schema generators like Technical SEO, but don't experiment without proper technical knowledge. With this, your business will appear in the knowledge graph, as shown in the below example.
- Use content and keyword research tools — SEMrush, Ubersuggest, and Ahref.
7. Use Social Media Effectively
Social media is well known for being budget-friendly and has a vast audience reach. For example, there were 180 million Facebook users in the US alone by this time.
The stats clearly show that you have massive opportunities through social media.
Tips To Effectively Use Social Media
- Send invitations for exclusive offers and discounts.
- Create a photo gallery with your staff and customers to build trust. Look at this example below, how natural and real it looks.
- Know your customers closely and solve their issues to keep them happy.
- Run ads and promotions according to your budget.
8. Keep Consistent Nap + W Citation
Citations are your business mentions on the web, including NAP and Website. Think of it as backlinks of the local pack — holding 11% of the map pack ranking factor. These citations are only applicable to physical addresses. So don't cite virtual locations.
Tips And Tools For NAP Citation:
- Maintain 100% consistency with citation as it is a significant threat to local SEO.
- Use citation tools like WhiteSpark and Logani for productive results.
- Keep citations updated. Use Yext to update changeable citations.
9. Build Local Links
Every link-building technique for traditional optimization is effective for local packs. However, local businesses have much more backlinking opportunities compared to non-local sites.
Tips For Local Link Building:
- Reach out to other local yoga studio owners near you and ask for a backlink. Also, you can find local yoga bloggers using the Buzzsumo tool or doing competitor backlink analysis.
- Fund local events, and you will shine with a link at their event page.
- Approach the local news sites to cover your event's story.
- Start cold pitching similar websites for guest posting.
10. Follow Advance Tips For Local SEO
Try advanced optimization tactics with NAP, GMB, and links once done. These are great to propel your rankings.
Tips For Advance SEO
- Insert a business Google map on your about page. This way, you are reassuring Google about your location. Also, it makes it easier for website visitors to find a way to your location in a jiffy.
Take a look at this example.
- Use the local keyword in the headline under the H1 tag.
- Optimize the title for 2-3 keywords.
- Embed keywords naturally in the meta description for organic CTR.
Local SEO For Yoga Studios – FAQs
Q1: What If I Do SEO Forum Commenting For A Yoga Studio? Will That Work?
Yes, it works. But be clear with your niche. Yoga lies under health and fitness so try to get backlinks from health & fitness forums.
Q2: What Is The Best Way To Advertise A Yoga Studio?
Create your customers' persona and utilize social media to reach people in specific locations. Facebook ads are one of the best ways to advertise a yoga studio.
- Create and verify your Google My Business profile by providing relevant information.
- Target location-specific keywords and video content for your yoga studio.
- Build a solid social media presence for better exposure.
- Focus on NAP and website citation.
- Add more reviews and photos.
- Implement advanced local SEO tactics to stay ahead of your competitors.